Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 · Leave a Comment
So, I've been engaged for 4 days and I've already gone through a cycle of emotions, haha. But in regards to planning: Robin and I have already pretty much decided that we're doing things very non-traditional. I'm not one of those girls who has been dreaming of her wedding since she was 6 nor do I have any interest in being a princess any time soon. I just want a big celebration of our union, and so does he. So, to add to the theme of non-traditional, we're aiming for a destination wedding. I'd been throwing around the idea of a beach wedding in Florida or whatnot when something hit me: what about New Orleans? Robin and I have both been to New Orleans on separate occasions and LOVED it. In fact, I went this past Christmas with my family (before we knew each other) and he went literally a month later with his band. Coincidences :)
So we're pretty set on New Orleans at this point (if I don't change my mind 800 times in the next year). So we have a place and tentative date (next Autumn), now to just finalize some details. I'm still scoping out google and theknot for ideas, and have come across some pretty neat ones. Like any venues, some of the New Orleans ones can range from $1,000 to $5,000 just for a 3-hour reception use! No thanks. I'm banking on the wedding AND honeymoon not topping $5,000 (if even that. maybe $3,000-$4,000). And the honeymoon alone will be around $2,000 (Carnival cruise, baby)
I found a deal where we could get married on a steamboat on the Mississippi River by the captain! Haha, it's too adorable. They're also a restaurant and bar so that would be provided. And one of my friends told me they heard about a deal where you can BAR-HOP through the French Quarter as your "wedding"!! How amazing is that?! xD So yeah, obviously not going the traditional route. I just want everyone to have fun and celebrate our union and all that jazz.
So, back to it!
